Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Child Called It Lexile: 850


Author: Dave Pelzer

The main character is a little boy named David. He is the oldest of three children in his family. The main problem in this story that David deals with in this story about him, is he was abused his whole entire life by his mother. His father had never abused him. His mother would not only hit him, kicked, punched, she even starved him. I didn’t read this book on an audio. I would suggest to some people to read it on the audio because there are some big words and some confusing parts in the story that I learned. I liked this book because it deals with a problem solving situation which I liked to read about. I wouldn’t suggest this book to people under 12 because it deals with some violence and some things that are confusing for the younger ages and not appropriate for their age. David Pelzer, (the author) has written some other stories like these that I have not read about yet. These books are called, The Lost Boy, A Man Named Dave, Finding Hope, Courage, and Happiness, A Teenager’s Story of Longing for Acceptance and Friendship, and the last book is called Real Life Advice For Real Life Challenges.

Reviewed by: Melanie M.

No comments:

Post a Comment