Friday, May 29, 2009

Cut - 660L


By: Patrica McCormick
This book was very interesting and confusing in some parts. It’s about a girl named Callie and she cuts herself, never too deep or enough to die but enough for her to feel the pain. She has to stay at institution called Sea Pines; a lot of other girls live there also struggling with problems of their own. Callie thinks everything is her fault when really she never did anything to deserve the pain, she doesn’t like cutting herself but it’s her only way of relieving stress. I enjoyed this book and suggest other teens to read it.
Reviewed by: California Girl
http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this sounds like a really interesting book. I have a sub-certification in Psychology so I find this kind of stuff fascinating. Moreover, I think this book would be helpful for many teachers to read. A couple years ago I had a student that was a "cutter" and have recently learned that another student is being watched for such behavior. I think that this book would not only show teachers the signs of a "cutter" but also what they may be going through in the process. I really like the wide selection of books that you list here. Are these books available in your district libraries?

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow its a book about a girl cutting her self, sounds very interesting.

    ReplyDelete