Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Cut--lexile--660


By Patricia McCormick
The main character in this book was Callie and there were plenty of other characters, too. But she’s the main one and most important one. Callie has a problem with cutting herself because she tends to think that things are her fault. She thinks that problems in her family are her fault. So she was sent to an institution called Sea Pines. You will also find many other people with problems there: eating disabilities, or drug abuse problems and many other things.
I listened to this book on audio, because I think I pay attention better to the book when I’m listening to it, rather than when I’m reading by myself because I tend to zone off or talk. It is a very interesting book to read, just trying to figure out how all these girls either get help or don’t. In my opinion I loved it. I could even read it again, maybe even by myself this time. Listening to the audio book was great though, because it let me hear what the characters might actually sound like. It also helped me get into the book more. One of my favorite parts of this book was when she tried cutting herself on the paper towel dispenser. It was very interesting.

Reviewed By: Katie Z

No comments:

Post a Comment