Friday, May 29, 2009

A Child Called It - 850L nonfiction


By: Dave Pelzer

A Child Called It is honestly a great book. You realize how bad things can really get between a parent and a child. In the book A Child Called It, David is the main character. It starts out with David getting treated well, but then his mother basically goes crazy and does some of the worst things possible to a child that you could think of. I’m so surprised that David survived. David has other siblings but they don’t get abused like David does. When I had the chance to read I never wanted to put it down, it was an intense but an amazing book. The sequel to A Child Called It is The Lost Boy.
Review by: Lynzie K

6 comments:

  1. I really liked this book and it made me sad when i was reading it because of all the abuse that david gets and his 2 other brothers do not get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this book made me sad but it was amazing i think people the hurt there kids should read this so they won't hurt them anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean, I thought it was sad to. But I thought it was a great book at the same time.
    At least we know that through this book David stays strong and makes it through.
    If you liked this book you should read the other two books that go with it.
    They all seem to be pretty good books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah and i think i will read the other books... are they just as sad or do they get better? and i tried reading the lost boy but it was hard to get into it

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like a good book, i gust might read it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hard to get into it? what do you mean? like it didnt hold you intrest? sorry, just really confused

    ReplyDelete